[TxMt] Re: Title bar 2 px to high

Wed Oct 14 12:33:33 UTC 2015

On 8 Oct 2015, at 14:58, feek wrote:

> […] in my prefs I have the option "Document tabs" > "Show for single
> tabs"
> turned off. So when I start a new (single) document, no tabs are
> active. In
> that case the 2px gray line on the top of my full-screen mode is a bit
> distractive (for e.g. non distractive Markdown writing ;) ). Is it
> possible
> to not using the extra content container in case of a single document
> and no
> tabs-view is active?

The problem is that whether or not the system should draw the border is
specified when creating the window.

So while we could create a different window for a single tab, once you
open a second tab, we would effectively have to recreate the window with
a different style mask.

More feasible might be to split the tab bar into two views, one placed
in the title bar and one below it, and then draw the border in the title
bar. The problem with this solution is that it is needlesly complex and
there is no documentation for how to draw into the title bar, i.e. while
it’s possible, the solution could easily break in an update.

But I’ll keep the issue in mind and do some tests when I upgrade to
10.11.