[TxMt] Re: LaTeX bundle wont stop opening TeXShop

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Sat Jan 3 13:09:29 UTC 2015

Hi Angelo,

> On 03 Jan 2015, at 12:55 , Angelo Varlotta <angelovarlotta at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I've noticed this issue too. I'm using TextMate 2.0-beta6 on OS X 10.9.5 with Skim as my preferred viewer as well, and I have the same behavior. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the Latex bundle but that doesn't help. The first time I compile using TextMate and Skim with "Typeset & View (PDF)", TexShop won't launch. It will start only after the second Latex compile with "Typeset & View (PDF)".

that is valuable information. Thank you. I am still unable to reproduce the error though :(. Could it be that you modified the bundle somehow? You can check for changes by running the following command inside Terminal:

	mdfind -name latex.tmbundle | grep -E '\.tmbundle$'

This should give you one line of output similar to this:

	/Users/rene/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle

If there is more than one result, is it likely that you modified the bundle.

Which version of TeXShop do you use? I have version “3.48.1” installed here. Does it work if you upgrade to the latest version?

> I haven't tried to fiddle around with refresh_viewer.scpt or latex_watch.pl.

From your description it seems that `refresh_viewer.scpt` or something similar is the culprit. `latex_watch.pl` is only used in “Watch Document” — my personal favorite method to translate LaTeX documents.

One additional thing you can do is to revert to the default settings (https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Reverting-To-Defaults). If that does not work, then there is always the possibility to file an issue at the official bundle repository:

	http://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/issues

If you have any additional pointers that could help me to reproduce the problem I would be very grateful. Thanks for your bug report.

> Cheers,
> Angelo

Kind regards,
  René