[TxMt] Re: Cannot build TextMate: test_network and test_SoftwareUpdate fail

Boris Dušek me at dusek.me
Tue Sep 30 07:31:00 UTC 2014

> Both failures seems to be about not getting through to the test http server TM sets up.
>
> Could it be that you have a proxy setup or something else network related that could explain this?

I am not aware about having any non-standard setup, I don’t think I ever did anything else network-wise than connecting to a Wi-Fi network.

I tried again this morning (to try if it could be some temporary issue with my internet provider), I also tried connecting to internet through my iPhone as a hot-spot, I still get the same errors in both tests.

I have firewall off in System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
In System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced… > Proxies > Select a protocol to configure:, I have no protocol checked.

>> I tried ninja network/coerce and ninja SoftwareUpdate/coerce and they do skip the relevant tests, but these choices do not persist and after running ninja TextMate again, I hit the same failures.
>
> Unfortunately this no longer work: ninja now references $builddir/.ninja_log to see when something was last succesfully built, so only way to fool it is to edit this file. I need to update the README…

Looking forward to the updated README, as I cannot make sense of how to edit .ninja_log to achieve what I want.

>> Is there please anything I can do to make TextMate compile?
>
> You can delete the two test files (that fail).

This does not help as on subsequent ninja call, the files get reinstantiated and the same tests fail again.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.