[TxMt] Re: Cannot build TextMate: test_network and test_SoftwareUpdate fail

Mon Sep 29 23:07:26 UTC 2014

On 30 Sep 2014, at 0:49, Boris Dušek wrote:

> building latest textmate after a long time, I am hitting this error:
> […]

Both failures seems to be about not getting through to the test http
server TM sets up.

Could it be that you have a proxy setup or something else network
related that could explain this?

> I tried ninja network/coerce and ninja SoftwareUpdate/coerce and they
> do skip the relevant tests, but these choices do not persist and after
> running ninja TextMate again, I hit the same failures.

Unfortunately this no longer work: ninja now references
$builddir/.ninja_log to see when something was last succesfully built,
so only way to fool it is to edit this file. I need to update the
README…

> Is there please anything I can do to make TextMate compile?

You can delete the two test files (that fail).