[TxMt] Re: Problem with folding code

Sun Jan 26 14:16:13 UTC 2014

On 21 Jan 2014, at 1:33, Samuel Schumacher wrote:

> Since I updated to Textmate 2 I have a problem with folding code:
> whenever I unfold a piece of code (by clicking on the triangle), the
> code unfolds but the triangle disappears. This way I need to highlight
> the section and click fold again, instead of just clicking the
> triangle again to fold it […]

If there is a pattern to what you are folding then you should setup the
folding patterns so that you always get the arrows (by default) rather
than having to select and fold “manually”.

If there is no pattern to what you are folding, then you’re currently
out of luck, as custom foldings are dropped once unfolded. TextMate 1.x
may have remembered them until the file was closed (or line with a
marker is edited). It probably wouldn’t be that much of an effort to
re-introduce the feature, though you’re the first to bring up the
changed behavior.