[TxMt] Help request regarding TM and Python.

Gabriele Battaglia iz4apu at libero.it
Fri Jan 3 15:56:32 UTC 2014

Hi all and a very great / happy new year to all of you.

My name is Gabriel and I’m a very beginner both as a programmer and with TextMate.

TM is one of the few editor I have found which is accessible to the VoiceOver technologies
 I have to use as I’m totally blind.

My problem has to do with using TM to write and test Python scripts.

I have this simple one:

# begin
a =input(“name? ")
print a
# end

I press Bundle… python… run script and getting this error message:
***

Running “untitled”…
Python 2.7.6
Theme:
nome
EOFError: 'EOF when reading a line'

module body in untitled at line 1
a =input("nome")
copy output
Program exited with code #1 after 0.41 seconds.
***

That’s sounds strange as the script has no mistakes.

Could you please  help me to found how to solve this issue?
Thanks.
Gabriel.