[TxMt] Ruby version in bundle scripts

Curt Sellmer sellmerfud at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 18:59:51 UTC 2014

This may be related to the bundle problem that I reported earlier?

In the Ruby on Rails bundle is a command in the Support/bin directory
called
go_to_alternate_file.rb.  This is the starting point for the script where I
am getting the to_plist error.

The first line of the this file is

#!/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby

so I would assume that it is being executed by ruby 1.8.

But if I modify the file and add the following line after the 'require'
statemets:
  puts "${RUBY_VERSION}"

When the script is run, it prints 2.0.0  So it seems that the shebang line
is not being honored.

Am I missing something?