[TxMt] Re: Committing to git submodule

Tue Dec 16 07:32:07 UTC 2014

On 11 Dec 2014, at 15:17, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> Is committing to git submodules supposed to work? I have a project
> which uses a git submodule. I open the project in TM, make some
> changes in the submodule and then commit. It looks like everything
> went fine but in the result window I get "Changes not staged for
> commit" and "no changes added to commit".

Do you select the files in the file browser prior to comitting?

For me, selecting files from a submodule and then running Git → Commit
works.

The alternative would be to change the project folder first, as Ronald
suggested. Both actions serve the purpose of directing the commit to the
submodule. Without doing any of this, I don’t see my submodule’s
files in the commit dialog (since we’ve initiated a commit in the
parent repository).