[TxMt] Re: Committing to git submodule

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Dec 16 13:24:16 UTC 2014

On 2014-12-16 08:32, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Do you select the files in the file browser prior to comitting?

No.

> For me, selecting files from a submodule and then running Git → Commit
> works.

Yeah, that works.

> The alternative would be to change the project folder first, as Ronald
> suggested. Both actions serve the purpose of directing the commit to the
> submodule. Without doing any of this, I don’t see my submodule’s files
> in the commit dialog (since we’ve initiated a commit in the parent
> repository).

I can see my submodule's files, both in the diff and the commit dialog,
even if no files are selected. I guess that's why I was hoping it would
work.

Running the diff command it says "Uncommitted Changes for ‘./’ on branch
‘master’ ... in submodule". I'm not sure where TextMate gets that
information but something is at least recognizing the changes to be in a
submodule.

--
/Jacob Carlborg