[TxMt] Re: TM2: experience

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Fri Feb 10 17:30:29 UTC 2012

Le 10 févr. 2012 à 16:59, Ed Wong a écrit :

> I know this list is generally for reporting bugs and asking for help so it may be disheartening to those who work on TM2 to be reading about "this" being broken or "that" could be done better every day. I've been using TM2 for well over a month daily and I just want to congratulate everyone involved on what a fantastic program they've developed. I often forget that I'm working on an alpha release and this is certainly the best and most stable alpha release I've used in a long, long time.
>
> So a tip of the chapeau to everyone and happy friday!

Hi

I would not to be the  grouchy user but after few days with TM2 , I return to TM1.
 I use TM essentially with the LaTeX bundle  and  I get a lot of problems with TM2.

1) I work with big files and TM2 is slower than TM1.
2) There are some problems with the preferences of  the bundle. I'm not sure if the preferences are used.
3) I can't trash the .aux, . log files
4) I can't compile with lualatex
5) with TM1 It's a pleasure to click on xyz.tmproj icon to get a window with all your files of your project. Perhaps I can to do the same things with TM2 but I don't know how !

I'm sure that TM2 has some advantages for a lot of users and perhaps all my problems comes
 from me. I need to investigate time to learn latex bundle but one bundle in based on python
 and the other on ruby. It's difficult to analyze both.

 Many questions about the latex bundle has never answers.  It is unfortunate that the latex bundle is  abandoned.

Finally, I very happy with TM1, I'm only chagrined because there are a lot of good things in TM2. Perhaps in some months, I would be happy to work with TM2

Best regards

Alain Matthes