[TxMt] Re: latex/ghostscript eps error

Matt Bauman mbauman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 18:31:27 UTC 2011

On Jan 20, 9:28 pm, Jim McLoughlin <jmcloughlin.li... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> If I compile via the command line ...
> the compilation process uses Ghostscript to create an intermediary
> file mefig-eps-converted-to.pdf and generates me.pdf with no errors.
> When I compile from TextMate (whether I use pdflatex or latexmk.pl
> doesn't matter), I get an error ...

I believe the error is that your /usr/local/bin directory is not
within the $PATH in TextMate.  To fix this, go to TextMate ->
Preferences -> Advanced -> Shell Variables.  Add a new variable PATH
(or replace it if it already exists) with the value of `echo $PATH'
from your terminal.

For some reason, TexLive installs some Ghostscript stuff into /usr/
texbin/ and some into /usr/local/bin.  Both must be in your $PATH
variable for proper compilation of pdf(la)tex.

Best,
Matt