[TxMt] latex/ghostscript eps error

Jim McLoughlin jmcloughlin.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 02:28:34 UTC 2011

Hi folks,
I've got a latex article, me.tex, that includes a graphic mefig.eps.
If I compile via the command line:

pdflatex mefig.eps

the compilation process uses Ghostscript to create an intermediary
file mefig-eps-converted-to.pdf and generates me.pdf with no errors.
When I compile from TextMate (whether I use pdflatex or latexmk.pl
doesn't matter), I get an error:

------------
!!! Error: Cannot open Ghostscript for piped input

Latex Error: ./epstest.tex:14 Package pdftex.def Error: File
`breakevenb1-eps-converted-to.pdf' not found.

I am using the latest version of TextMate (with the default Latex
bundle) and TexLive 2010 (I actually uninstalled my TextMate and
re-installed from scratch to make sure it wasn't a config quirk on my
end).  Any ideas here?  Shouldn't TextMate simply be issuing the
command "pdflatex my.tex", which work from Terminal?

Thanks,

Jim