[TxMt] Re: TM2: SCM button and Go -> SCM Status

Mon Dec 19 17:01:11 UTC 2011

On 19 Dec 2011, at 15:42, Keith Solomon wrote:

> On 12/19/11 8:27 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> Presumably TM is not finding it — the root directory in the file browser must be the repository root or below it as discussed here: http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2011-December/033674.html
> Does SCM status not work on paths mounted via SMB? If I open a folder that is a git repo on my dev server (which I have mounted via SMB on my local machine), I get no status, clicking the purple folder does nothing, etc. However, if I copy that same folder to my local machine and open it from there, it works as expected.

I disabled it for non-local mount points because file status with Git and Mercurial require hashing every file in your project (so a status update needs to send a lot of bytes over the network).

The git command only does this when user explicitly asks for status and cache the result. TM needs to ask for status on each change in the folder (to update badges) and I found that I can’t use git’s cached index because of the potential for clashing with another git command — this was a common problem when doing “git rebase” (before I introduced a custom index) — adding to that, network mounts also does not support fsevents, which is what I use to know when to update the badges.