[TxMt] Re: Too much TM2?

Dean Jackson dino at grorg.org
Wed Dec 14 10:07:09 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 20:41, Justin Catterall
<100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk> wrote:

> It seems that many many people have jumped on the TM2 alpha. The consequence
> of this is that there has been a rush of TM2 questions, some of which ignore
> Allan's request not to post general feedback, some of which would be
> answered if the poster would read the message on textmate-dev Allan linked
> in a post yesterday, some of which would be answered in the blog or release
> notes.
>
> I don't think I've seen a question yet that, bearing in mind this is *alpha*
> software, is sensible to post or meets the criteria of being what the devs
> want to know about.
>
> Would the powers that be consider a new mailing list? "TM2 testers" (or
> similar) so that the "TM users" list can concentrate on issues, or queries
> users have with only the current release of TM. This would naturally migrate
> once TM2 is released to the world.

Maybe also a message in the ChangeLog or this list that reminds people
how to file bugs:

http://wiki.macromates.com/Main/BugReporting
http://ticket.macromates.com/

The alpha release didn't mention any request for bugs. However, I
assume Allan and co wouldn't mind reports along the lines of "I tried
X but it did Y rather than Z then crashed". I'm not sure they are
looking for too many "I preferred the way TM1 did X" right now.

Dean