[TxMt] Too much TM2?

Justin Catterall 100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 09:41:05 UTC 2011

It seems that many many people have jumped on the TM2 alpha. The
consequence of this is that there has been a rush of TM2 questions,
some of which ignore Allan's request not to post general feedback,
some of which would be answered if the poster would read the message
on textmate-dev Allan linked in a post yesterday, some of which would
be answered in the blog or release notes.

I don't think I've seen a question yet that, bearing in mind this is
*alpha* software, is sensible to post or meets the criteria of being
what the devs want to know about.

Would the powers that be consider a new mailing list? "TM2
testers" (or similar) so that the "TM users" list can concentrate on
issues, or queries users have with only the current release of TM.
This would naturally migrate once TM2 is released to the world.

I'm not going to upgrade to alpha software, I'll also avoid early beta
releases too, as I'm sure many others, like myself, who do not have
time to deal with the inevitable problems of using such 'new',
software will do. Allan and the dev team have my full support, and
I'll be glad to test release candidates when they say it's almost
ready for public consumption. But in the mean time, this list is going
to become, at best distracting, at worst very difficult to use for
those trying to get help with TM1 issues if so many posts are related
to an unreleased version.

--
Justin C, by the sea.