[TxMt] Re: Printing a Backtick from a Ruby Drag Command

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Tue Oct 19 19:07:12 UTC 2010

On Oct 19, 2010, at 11:23 AM, Martin Kühl wrote:

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 20:00, Dru Kepple <dru at summitprojects.com<mailto:dru at summitprojects.com>> wrote:
I've tried this:

puts "\`"

Which still produces nothing.

you should be fine if you produce a backslash before the
backtick in your output, i.e. something like
   puts "\\`"

Thanks, Martin; yes, it's output mode is "Insert as Snippet."  I guess that makes sense, then...it's interpreted once by Ruby then again by the Snippet Inserter (I think that's the official name, right?).

At any rate, escaping the escape works.  Thanks!