[TxMt] Re: LaTeX Setup: Problems switching from TexShop to Textmate

Peter Cowan cowan.pd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 00:38:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Robi Ragan <robi.ragan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I deleted all the .plist associated with macromates and it still
> insist on calling latex rather than pdflatex.
>
> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009)
> (format=latex 2009.11.7)
>
> I have figured out which package is causing the problem. If I comment
> out \usepackage{epsfig}. Textmate will call pdflatex as so:

This was in the list I asked you about before.

> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009)
> (format=pdflatex 2009.11.7)
>
> The trouble is that is the very package I needed to insert pdfs into
> the document.

You shouldn't need that package to insert pdf.  The recommend way is
graphicx and \includegraphics.

> Sigh...What a frustrating little program this is.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but problems like this are almost always
solved faster if you include a simple example file as I asked earlier.

> Is there a different package I can use? Or should I investigate a
> different graphics format to insert into my LaTeX docs. I use R and
> inkscape to create all of the graphics I insert into LaTeX docs.

The above package and command work great with R PDFs (that's what I
use).  I assume you are using PDF output for inkscape, not the native
SVG format.  I'm sure SVG can be handled but I don't use it, googling
would identify that.