[TxMt] Re: Caret movement by word

ijmcf ijmcfadyen at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 19 18:41:21 UTC 2010

Allan

Thank you for your prompt response. I now have something of a puzzle:

1) I recorded both the desired and undesired keystrokes in a macro. As you
suggested, the one I want is 'moveWordLeft:', and the other is
'moveSubWordLeft:'.

2) However, I already bound the ctrl-arrow combinations to
'moveWordLeft/Right:' in ~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict, as
follows:
"^\UF702"  = "moveWordLeft:";                                /* Ctrl +
LeftArrow */
"^\UF703"  = "moveWordRight:";                               /* Ctrl +
RightArrow */

3) But when I use ctrl-arrow in TextMate, I get instead
'moveSubWordLeft/Right:' (as proved by the macro recording)

4) If I create a custom command through 'Bundle Editor' for
'moveWordLeft/Right:' and bind it to the ctrl-arrows, those keys now do
nothing

5) If I bind alt-arrow to "moveSubWordLeft/Right:", I still get
"moveWordLeft/Right:".

So, the problem seems to be that the bindings in DefaultKeyBinding.dict are
not sticking. But other commands I have assigned *are* working, for example:
"\UF72C"   = "pageUp:";                                     /* PageUp   */
"~\UF72C"   = "scrollPageUp:";                              /* Option +
PageUp   */
"\UF729"   = "moveToBeginningOfLine:";                       /* Home
*/
"@\UF729"  = "moveToBeginningOfDocument:";                   /* Cmd + Home
*/

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong? All help is much
appreciated.

Thanks!
Iain