[TxMt] Re: Caret movement by word

Wed Jul 21 08:54:15 UTC 2010

On 19 Jul 2010, at 20:41, ijmcf wrote:

> [...]
> So, the problem seems to be that the bindings in
> DefaultKeyBinding.dict are
> not sticking. But other commands I have assigned *are* working [...]

I am a little confused as to what exactly you tried, and I forgot what
your exact goal is. I would suggest you reset everything to defaults,
then record macros for the desired actions and then bind the keys you
want to these macros afterwards.

The key bindings stuff is tricky because TM has its own file¹ which is
also referenced, and because control + arrow keys actually is buggy
(according to me, by design according to Apple), so these events are
resolved differently (and often wrongly) — TextMate does what it can
to workaround it, maybe your setup has exposed an unhandled case,
wouldn’t think so though.

¹ http://manual.macromates.com/en/key_bindings#text_move_edit_actions