[TxMt] Re: Bundles. How to: enable IDE style autocomplete ( function name + parameter snippets )

Tue Aug 31 08:26:44 UTC 2010

On 27 Aug 2010, at 21:00, Aldo Bucchi wrote:

> [...] I would like to enable some sort of autocomplete in textmate
> but that works similar to Eclipse's, IDEA's, etc.

When you say “enable”, are you referring to checking a box and
magically get the support? Or actually write code to provide the
functionality? The former is not possible.

> [...] I imagine lots of people have tried this and I am also afraid
> that
> there is no simple solution.

Well, C/Objectice-C and the PHP bundles have pretty decent completion
systems. Not sure if it lives up to what you want, or what your skill
level is wrt writing code. These are all “custom”.

Thomas (subtleGradient) also did a more “declarative” system, but I am
afraid there is no documentation on this, and last I looked at it,
there are some things I’d like to get fixed/improved — it is used by
the HTML and CSS bundles (perhaps also JavaScript).