[TxMt] Re: Bundles. How to: enable IDE style autocomplete ( function name + parameter snippets )

Aldo Bucchi aldo.bucchi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 14:33:51 UTC 2010

Hi Allan,

> On 27 Aug 2010, at 21:00, Aldo Bucchi wrote:
>
>> [...] I would like to enable some sort of autocomplete in textmate but
>> that works similar to Eclipse's, IDEA's, etc.
>
> When you say “enable”, are you referring to checking a box and magically get
> the support? Or actually write code to provide the functionality? The former
> is not possible.

Sorry. I meant writing code. I just joined this list and I now realize
there is a wide spectrum regarding coding skills. I can code ;)

>> [...] I imagine lots of people have tried this and I am also afraid that
>> there is no simple solution.
>
> Well, C/Objectice-C and the PHP bundles have pretty decent completion
> systems. Not sure if it lives up to what you want, or what your skill level
> is wrt writing code. These are all “custom”.
>
> Thomas (subtleGradient) also did a more “declarative” system, but I am
> afraid there is no documentation on this, and last I looked at it, there are
> some things I’d like to get fixed/improved — it is used by the HTML and CSS
> bundles (perhaps also JavaScript).

Thanks, will definitely take a look at them.
Notice that this is exactly the kind of reply I was expecting.
I was inspecting the bundles and noticed divergent strategies...

Regards,

Aldo Bucchi
@aldonline
skype:aldo.bucchi