[TxMt] Re: multiple folders

Tue Oct 27 18:45:47 UTC 2009

On 24 Oct 2009, at 17:42, Alain Matthes wrote:

> [...]
> 1) Is it possible with textmate to create a command and  to give the
> path with an interactive action

Yes, but would involve more work than I am prepared to type in Mail’s
inline text editor ;)

Basically though you want to use ‘xargs’ instead of the bash loop.
This reads arguments from stdin and gives them to a command of your
choice.

> 2) Do you know a Ruby script to make this ? (it's to learn about Ruby)
>
> 3) Perhaps "Interactive Input" is an answer to give the path for the
> ouput place but I run textmate with Snow Leopard and
> tm_interactive_input.dylib gives me some problem with laTeX.

If you are having Snow Leopard problems with the latest
tm_interactive.dylib found in the svn repository, then we would like
to know about them, as we consider this “fixed” and it will likely go
out with next build.

> 4) Perhaps with regex, it is possible to determine names with spaces
> inside if RC is the separator ?

The issue with spaces should be addressed by using proper quoting in
the bash commands (or ruby script, if you end up using that). Worst-
case one can set the IFS variable to a newline, so that `cat
filenames.txt` will be word-expanded on newlines (instead of
whitespace).

Though I am not sure what approach to recommend, as I do not have the
full picture. E.g. these list of folders to create, where do these
come from? Cause if these are generated, maybe the generator could
just make the folders instead of creating lists…