[TxMt] Re: updating PHP in TM

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Sat Oct 17 22:26:04 UTC 2009

I never even really realized that I had to do anything to get php5
working with TM.  I think it is always a good idea to alter your shell
PATH to include where php5 is, so you can work with it in the shell,
which seemed to be plenty to get it working for me.

I used MacPorts to get php5 and Apache2 working, since I have never
really liked the idea that MAMP installs so much more than I would
ever want, and they are pre-compiled sources, so not as optimum as
they could be for my specific machine.  You will also not need to rely
on entropy building in the tools you need, you just pick and chose
what you need with MacPorts.  Need curl, supo port install php5-curl,
need gd, sudo port install php5-gd, etc etc.

Personally, I would just edit your environment PATH to include that of
where the php5 binary is at. This helps you out in more areas than
just TM.