[TxMt] Re: LaTeX completion

gkv1 at mac.com gkv1 at mac.com
Sat Oct 10 15:57:17 UTC 2009

In my opinion, one of the most useful things about the Textmate bundle
is the snippets feature. I use snippets all the time, many of them
customized. Thus, I type eq-tab and a nice equation environment
appears, enum-tab and a nice enumerate environment appears, etc etc.
If this were made less simple in any way, so that for example I had to
navigate a tree to get to the most-used snippets, or if I couldn't
design my own tab triggers, I would regard that as a retrograde step.
I may be misunderstanding something here and I am sure that is not the
intent, but I just wanted to make my point clear.

Relatedly, I mainly use pdflatex but sometimes latex (also bibtex,
makeindex). I use skim.app as a viewer, although the current version
of skim will sometimes freeze in snow leopard. I  also sometimes use
xdvi.

I'm absolutely delighted that someone is looking at the latex bundle.

Geoff Vallis