[TxMt] Regular expression for current file name without extension

Jan Jakob Bornheim jjbornheim at gmail.com
Thu May 7 22:50:35 UTC 2009

Hello everybody,

I use TextMate mainly for LaTex editing.

In LaTex, I often use a package "jurarsp". This package works by way
of running BibTex on a file with the extension *.rsp.aux (okay,
admittedly the," rsp"-part is not the file extension, but you get the
gist, I hope). In TextMate, I set all my LaTex projects to run the
latex, bibtex, etc. commands on a master file.  Now I want to create a
custom command that would run bibtex on the master_file.rsp.aux file,
where the "master_file"-part would automatically be the name of the
master file of the current project. The bibtex command already
achieves this by using this simple syntax:

texMate.py bibtex 1

However, simply adding .rsp.aux after the 1 does not work. So I guess
what I am looking for is a command or regular expression that would do
the following: get the name of the current master file without
extension, and add the extension .rsp.aux to this name. Maybe that is
very simpe question I am asking but I promise you that I duly
researched the mailing list and could not find an answer.

Thank you for any suggestions,

JJ