[TxMt] Re: newbie question.. How compile source code for dialog2 and install it?

Wed Jun 24 09:48:35 UTC 2009

On 7 Jun 2009, at 04:17, MDX-LE wrote:

> [...]
> But is there a way to use UI in python scripts within TM?
>
> May be my question is a bit precocious because I just found a textmate
> podcast series on itunes that has 2 podcasts on dialog2 in TM.

The dialog system shown in that screencast provides a CLI interface,
meaning that it is fully usable from Python, since Python can run
shell commands.

Main reaosn we tend to stay away from Python for TextMate commands is
that the interpreter has a slow startup time on a cold cache, this is
very noticable when typing away and some editing operation takes half
a second because the Python interpreter has to load all its imports or
whatever it is doing.