[TxMt] Problem rebinding ^j in local KeyBindings.dict

Peter McLain peter.mclain at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 19:34:17 UTC 2008

   I'm trying to rebind ^j to insertNewline.  I've tried the following:

   1: cp /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/
KeyBindings.dict ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/
   2: edit the local copy and change ^j to map to insertNewline:

diff /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/KeyBindings.dict ~/
Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/KeyBindings.dict
63c63
< 	"^j" = "reformatTextAndJustify:";
---
 > 	"^j" = "insertNewline:";

   3: restart TextMate, but ^j is still bound to Reformat & Justify

   I also tried removing /Applications/TextMate.app/.../
KeyBindings.dict, but that didn't help either.  I'm using TextMate
Version 1.5.7 (1436) on Mac OS X 10.5.5 (9F33)

   Any ideas?

--
Peter McLain