[TxMt] Re: LaTeX and Skim

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Sun Nov 30 19:26:11 UTC 2008

On 30 Nov 2008, at 09:42, Erich Neuwirth wrote:

> I Just upgraded to TeXLive 2008 and I am experiencing some problems
> when previewing in Skim.
> In the Typeset & view Window I get the following error message:
>
> Application 'Skim' not running sh: /Applications/Skim.app/Contents/
> Resources/displayline: No such file or directory

Your texMate.py contains the wrong reference to the displayline
script, which indeed has changed in the last version of Skim.app (why
they made that change without even keeping a symlink for
compatibility, that's another question).

> I already checked some earlier mails about this kind of problem and
> found that
> earlier the code in texMate.py had
>
> Contents/Resources/displayline
> but Skim was changed and needs
> /Contents/SharedSupport/displayline
>
> When I check my texMate.py
>
> I already have the correct code there.
> I do not understand where the wrong line of code comes from.
>
> Skim starts an displays my files. I just would like to get rid of the
> error message.

Well obviously it kept the old reference to the displayline script.

Have you done some custom edits to texMate.py? That's the only lead I
have, I'm sure the gurus of this list will have other ideas too.

> I have another problem also:
> Forward search i.e. selecting text in TextMake and finding the
> corresponding spot in Skim, does not work.
>
> Neither selecting Show in PDF  Viewer (pdfsync) nor pressing Ctrl-Alt-
> Apple-O does anything.
>
> I do have Skim 1. 2 (38), TeXLive 2008 ad TextMate 1.5.8 (1496)

Well that's because all that is the job of the displayline script :)

enas