[TxMt] Updated Search in Project with ack

Daniel Stockman daniel.stockman at gmail.com
Tue May 27 18:09:30 UTC 2008

> I've updated my Search in Project with ack command.

I've been unable to get this working on Leopard with cutting edge TM,
SVN updated Support, and freshly copied standalone version of ack 1.84
chmodded +x and placed in ~/bin, which is the first entry on my $PATH.
I even tested it with a symlinked version at /usr/local/bin, but no
dice.

I installed it via double-click from the Safari downloads window, but
subsequently attempted to uninstall and reinstall via double-click
from the Finder (which only then elicited the "already installed..."
confirmation).

Looking at the script, there is not secret "TM_*" variable in play,
any other suggestions? There are no conflicting keyboard shortcuts,
because I can get the window to show every time, even with the
currently searched for string, but absolutely no other result than "No
results".

I can stare at a document full of <table> elements, invoke the
command, type "table", and still no results (I always have the project
root folder selected and the drawer itself closed, for use with Git/
SVN bundles). Yet when I type `ack table` on the command line (at the
project root), I get thousands of results. No errors in the Console
that I can see, and no errors output into the results window.

Thanks,
Daniel