[TxMt] TM leaks memory in Find in Project, can Find in Project work in separate thread?

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Wed Feb 27 11:39:53 UTC 2008

Hello,

It seems that TM is leaking memory in Find in Project (probably in
OakDocument), it is NOT visible when working with small projects, but
with bigger it grows RSIZE memory infinitely.

Steps to reproduce:
$ mate /Developer/Documentation
... then Find in Project for "test".

In Performance Monitor watch as RSIZE grows above 1GB after about one
minute.

My Mac is MacBook Pro 2.2Ghz 2GB RAM, 10.5.2.

I think it has something to do with OakDocument that is created for
all searched files in the list, also for some non-text files.
I just spotted that TM is not freeing RSIZE (nor VM) after closing
some huge binary files like .pch (VC binary) or so. (Libraries). It
may have something to do with that.

It may have something to do with my former mail about big files with
single line inside.

Currently I work with some huge C/C++ projects, and lately searching
for any file ends up with TM eating all my memory.

BTW. Can't Find in Project work in separate thread?
Like: when pressing [Find] in the Find in Project, [Find] button is
made inactive, below appears spinning wheel icon "Working...", and
below we may have [Stop] button that appears only when thread is active.

I often use this, but it hangs TM for a while, moreover it is not
possible to interrupt it.

Best regards,
--
Adam Strzelecki |: nanoant.com :|