[TxMt] quartz() device interactivity reduced without an event loop manager with RBundle

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Sun Feb 24 12:53:46 UTC 2008

Hi, sorry for the delay but I was abroad.

On 23.02.2008, at 23:57, Graham Smith wrote:
> CarbonEL was installed, it wasn't initially, but my first error
> message related to it not being installed.
Actually 'libarary(CarbonEL)' will be executed while starting the
Rdaemon. If the library wasn't found Rdaemon prompts an error message
à la 'Error in library(CarbonEL) : there is no package called
‘CarbonEL’'

> I am still getting the error message, but no spinning beach ball,
> and I now have access to the graphic.
Warning message:
In quartz() :
   quartz() device interactivity reduced without an event loop manager

This is a WARNING message, NOT an error message.

This message will be printed out if 'quartz()' will be invoked and it
couldn't find an 'AQUA' (R.app) environment regardless CarbonEL.

> Also very useful to know about the "s", as I couldn't get CarbonEL
> to install with TextMate and ended up installing it directly with R.
Sorry! It is only a simple typo. Of course, the correct command is
install.packages('CarbonEL')

It'll be fixed in the next release.

--Hans