[TxMt] quartz() device interactivity reduced without an event loop manager with RBundle

Paul McCann paul.mccann at adelaide.edu.au
Sat Feb 23 22:48:48 UTC 2008

Hi Graham,

Still fighting on trying to get this to work. New problem now that I have
> got all the bundles installed and now X11 and CarbonEL is the error message
> in the subject
> When I create a plot the quartz window opens but freezes with the spinning
> beachball.

This sounds like what would happen if "CarbonEL" isn't available (see the
"Graphics" subsection, and the "Troubleshooting & FAQ" section from the
Rdaemon help file). With the R daemon running --or in the console of the
usual R application, outside of TextMate-- you should be able to enter

install.packages("CarbonEL")

to obtain it. (Note that it is install.packages with an "s" on the end; the
command in the troubleshooting section of the Rdaemon help file suggests the
singular form, which doesn't work.) If this absence isn't the problem I'm
out of my depth!!

Cheers,
Paul