[TxMt] Re: local docs

andrea crotti kerny404 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 17:45:58 UTC 2008

Allan Odgaard ha scritto:
> On 2 Apr 2008, at 11:45, andrea wrote:
>
> There is no universal system for how to store documentation, so each
> bundle does its own thing.
>
> I think it would be rather difficult to come up with an easy way to just
> switch to local documentation, since most of the bundles have no way to
> figure out where such local documentation would be stored, thus you
> would still need to setup that per bundle.

Yes ok, it would be enough that every bundle defines a variable like
DOCS="http://www.hoogle.org", and if I manage to "download" the whole
site I can just set my own path.
In the haskell bundle I found this line

echo "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;
http://haskell.org/hoogle/?q=${TM_SELECTED_TEXT:=$TM_CURRENT_WORD}\">"

Probably the problem is that I can't lookup on local docs in this way
without having apache running... mmmm that get's more complicated.

> If you checkout directly to ~/Library/Application
> Support/TextMate/Bundles then you will simply overwrite the version
> there and svn should mostly handle the potential conflicts for you.
>
> If you store it in another location (as we recommend) TextMate stores a
> tmDelta file in ~/Library/… where it records only the stuff actually
> changed.

Ok nice, but how should I say to textmate where I stored "my" bundles?