[TxMt] Spaces

Richard K Miller richardkmiller at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:40:37 UTC 2007

So far I like Spaces, with a couple of caveats:

1. It can be confusing to open multiple windows of the same
application in separate spaces. For example, I'd like to have one
Textmate window for web development and another for my GTD list, in
separate spaces. The problem is that when I use Command-Tab to switch
to Textmate, it switches to the most recent Textmate window I used
instead of the Textmate window in the current space (which is what I
would prefer.) I think Command-Tab should give priority to application
windows in the current space. As far as I can tell this is a Spaces
characteristic since TextEdit behaves the same.

2. When I open the Find dialog in Textmate, it switches to the last
space where I used Find, instead of bringing the Find dialog into the
current space. I believe this is a Textmate issue, as it does not
occur in TextEdit. If this is scheduled to be fixed in version 2.0, I
can wait. Should I submit this as a bug, or is this expected behavior?

Richard