[TxMt] Spaces

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:49:55 UTC 2007

On Oct 30, 2007 8:40 AM, Richard K Miller <richardkmiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> So far I like Spaces, with a couple of caveats:
>
> 1. It can be confusing to open multiple windows of the same
> application in separate spaces. For example, I'd like to have one
> Textmate window for web development and another for my GTD list, in
> separate spaces. The problem is that when I use Command-Tab to switch
> to Textmate, it switches to the most recent Textmate window I used
> instead of the Textmate window in the current space (which is what I
> would prefer.) I think Command-Tab should give priority to application
> windows in the current space. As far as I can tell this is a Spaces
> characteristic since TextEdit behaves the same.
>
> 2. When I open the Find dialog in Textmate, it switches to the last
> space where I used Find, instead of bringing the Find dialog into the
> current space. I believe this is a Textmate issue, as it does not
> occur in TextEdit. If this is scheduled to be fixed in version 2.0, I
> can wait. Should I submit this as a bug, or is this expected behavior?
>
> Richard

I wouldn't be so quick to blame TM.  I find a lot of funkiness with
other apps (firefox, mail).  I'm sure that since Spaces is brand new
there will be some wrinkles to iron out.  Though I'm not too sure that
Apple will actually fix them.

Also, I thought 2.0 was just a rumor that wasn't going to happen.  At
least that's what it says in the IRC chan...

Pat