[TxMt] AS3/Flex, how to begin?

Gaby Vanhegan gaby at vanhegan.net
Tue Oct 23 13:23:33 UTC 2007

(exasperated) Hello!

I'm trying to make the leap from AS2 to AS3, but staying within the
bounds of TextMate.  There are a number of interesting blogs on the
topic:

http://www.laflash.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3635
http://blog.vixiom.com/2006/08/25/build-flex-on-os-x-with-textmate/
http://www.flashalisious.com/2007/07/30/installing-as3-and-flex-
bundle-for-textmate/
http://www.dirtystylus.com/blog/2006/09/12/textmate-and-as3/

And I'm sure there are plenty more.  I *have* managed to:

	1. Install the AS3 bundle for TextMate, using svn
	2. Install the Flex SDK
	3. Install iTerm
	4. Install fcsh
	5. Install the Flex Documentation
	6. Added "package {...}" to all my .as files
	7. Changed 'Void' to 'void'

However, I have no idea what to do next.  When I was working in AS2/
TextMate/MTASC I would compile the file using a slightly modified
script from the AS bundle which would take the .swf as an input, a
list of files and would spit out a new .swf.  Is this the same
workflow for AS3 and mxmlc?  I don't want to get involved with Flex
yet, I'm just trying to port my application over to AS3 from AS2.

Any help, pointers or generally beating of sense into is greatly
appreciated in this matter...

Many thanks,

Gaby

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
http://www.playr.co.uk/