[TxMt] Blogging bundle oddity

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Fri Oct 19 04:16:44 UTC 2007

On 17/10/2007, at 15:47, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> I just experienced a wierdness with the textmate blogging bundle.
>
> [...] it looks like the problem occurs when I select a post which
> was posted before a duplicated post which I deleted.  So,
> schematically,  the list shows:
>
> Post  10
> Post   9
> Post   7
>
> Where there was a Post 8 with the same name as Post 9, but it's now
> gone.
>
> Selecting post 7 from the list brings back the deleted post 8.
>
> The blog is implemented with typo.

I could see this maybe stem from Typo returning the deleted posts as
well, resulting in duplicate titles, and then having the pop-up filter
out duplicates and cause the off-by-number-of-filtered-duplicates.

Or alternatively a Typo bug.

Can you open Support/lib/blogging.rb in the Blogging bundle and locate
the select_post function and insert the following after titles = …
(around line 470):

     open("/dev/console", "w") { |io| io << titles.join("\n") }

Then check console to see if there actually are duplicates among the
titles.