[TxMt] Blogging bundle oddity

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:48:10 UTC 2007

On 10/19/07, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-2 at macromates.com> wrote:
> On 17/10/2007, at 15:47, Rick DeNatale wrote:
>
> > I just experienced a wierdness with the textmate blogging bundle.
> >
> > [...] it looks like the problem occurs when I select a post which
> > was posted before a duplicated post which I deleted.  So,
> > schematically,  the list shows:
> >
> > Post  10
> > Post   9
> > Post   7
> >
> > Where there was a Post 8 with the same name as Post 9, but it's now
> > gone.
> >
> > Selecting post 7 from the list brings back the deleted post 8.
> >
> > The blog is implemented with typo.
>
> I could see this maybe stem from Typo returning the deleted posts as
> well, resulting in duplicate titles, and then having the pop-up filter
> out duplicates and cause the off-by-number-of-filtered-duplicates.
>
> Or alternatively a Typo bug.
>
> Can you open Support/lib/blogging.rb in the Blogging bundle and locate
> the select_post function and insert the following after titles = …
> (around line 470):
>
>      open("/dev/console", "w") { |io| io << titles.join("\n") }
>
> Then check console to see if there actually are duplicates among the
> titles.

I'm new to OSX (recent convert from linux) so I couldn't figure out
how to view /dev/console (maybe if I'd started Textmate from the shell
instead of the finder or spotlight?) so I wrote it to a file instead.

Anyway:
There are indeed duplicates:

True\ Confesssions
True\ Confesssions
You\ Can\'t\ Judge\ a\ Book...\ \ Some\ Mental\ Traps\ in\ Learning\ Ruby
It\'s\ Official
Refactoring\ With\ Continuous\ Testing\ -\ a\ Guided\ Tour
My\ First\ Serious\ TextMate\ Automation
Observing\ Fields\ With\ Rails\ in\ the\ Browser
Ruby\ Blocks\,\ do\ or\ brace\?
Ruby\ Blocks\,\ do\ or\ brace\?
Duck\ A\ La\ Range
Tell\ us\ what\ you\ really\ think
Conventions\ Uber\ Alles
Block\ Your\ Privates\!
How\ to\ Cure\ The\ PayPal\ Subscription\ Blues
To\ paraphrase\ Kent\ Beck...
Nobody\ Could\ Count\ Beans\ Like\ IBM
Werewolves\ of\ Ruby
Aspects\ of\ Beauty\:\ Proportion\,\ Integrity\,\ Clarity\,\ and\
Monkey\ Patching\?
Ruby\ Hoedown\ TeeVee\ -\ \"Hee\ Haw\!\"
After\ the\ Hoedown\ is\ Over\,\ Part\ 1

Note that the first duplication seems to have happened because I sent
my last post, and it never indicated success, so I posted it again,
then I had to go to the typo web interface and de-publish the
duplicate.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby