[TxMt] Is the following pdfsync-instruction right?

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Fri May 11 04:31:52 UTC 2007

On May 11, 2007, at 3:01 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

>>> """
>>> It works. Thanks for the great speed, and for the quality of the
>>> software.
>>> I am seriously thinking about declaring PDFView "dead" and Skim
>>> as the
>>> "successor"; I'll just wait for some more LaTeX support (and
>>> maybe I'll try
>>> to help a bit with writing it).
>>>
>>> Again, thanks.
>>
>> That would be great. If I'm right, PDFViewer was on it's way to
>> include TeXShop Spotlight-based source/PDF sync,
>
> Just to be clear, TeXShop's alternate syncing is based on PDFKit,
> and has nothing to do with Spotlight AFAIK.
>
>> and I'd like to get rid of pdfsync. That function included in Skm
>> would be even better.
>
> Why?  If I recall correctly, one advantage of pdfsync is that it is
> more robust with equations and figures.  Be sure you have the most
> recent version of the package from CTAN, though, as it has a number
> of fixes.

Will it be enough just to install it? I see that my only pdfsync on
the system is in TextMate itself (/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/
SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/tex/latex/pdfsync.sty)
and this is Version 0.6 - maybe it's time for TextMate to upgrade the
version to 1.0 ;)

Niels