[TxMt] Problem with Blogging Bundle

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Mar 11 01:20:29 UTC 2007

On 9. Mar 2007, at 16:41, Bonhôte André wrote:

> I noticed quite a weird behaviour of the blogging bundle recently.
> I have increased the number of posts to be fetched from 10 to 500
> (blogging.rb, line 547), because I'd like to add some tags to old
> posts using the nice tagging bundle. It downloads all the posts
> from the past (around 280 right now) and displays the title in the
> dropdown. Now when I chose one, a new document opens up with a post
> - but not with the one I'd like to have :-/ If I try to open post
> #3 for example (my first post), it opens #4. Somewhere in the most
> recent posts, it works, but not with the oldest ones. I'm not a
> ruby guy, so I don't have a clue how to fix this.
>
> I suppose that it has to do with my Wordpress thing, but I'm not sure.

Does any of your posts contain backslashes, dollar-signs, back-ticks,
or similar? At least the shell escaping, when providing CocoaDialog
with the list of blog posts, did not account for such thing. I don’t
think this should lead to anything but a wrong title for the entry,
but as CocoaDialog returns the index for the selected item, it just
might have been, that a title somehow got dropped (or one got split
into two titles), which would give the offset problem.

> Any ideas?

I committed a fix for the blogging bundle escaping.

Since you already know how to edit blogging.rb, I assume you can try
with this updated file available either by checking out the Blogging
bundle or directly from http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/
Bundles/Blogging.tmbundle/Support/lib/blogging.rb