[TxMt] Scope Selector

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jun 5 07:41:10 UTC 2007

On 2. Jun 2007, at 15:35, Xavier Cambar wrote:

> [...]
> text.tex.latex - string - source - meta - entity - support - comment
>
> to avoid to insert a line in lists, comments, etc...
> Although it works well, I'm pretty sure there is a simpler scope
> selector for this task.

Well, you want it to say text.tex.latex except these six sub-
contexts, so having to specify seven scopes seems logical.

> If not, here is a feature request for TM2:  Alow more complex scope
> selection, with wildcards/jokers/regexps, or anything else...
> please ;-)

Asking for more complexity is a rare request ;)

I am not really sure though how you imagine your selector can be
simplified. There will be syntax to allow you to say “this scope not
followed by any other scope”, but that won’t do it for you, since
you’re probably fine with the meta scope, so we end up with the
explicit list.