[TxMt] Open command

Cliff Pruitt lists.cpruitt at cliffpruitt.com
Sat Jun 2 15:55:30 UTC 2007

On Jun 1, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Ciarán Walsh wrote:

> On 1 Jun 2007, at 15:18, Cliff Pruitt wrote:
>
>> very "app" has a set of commonly named files
> Perhaps ⌥⌘↑ would be useful

In many cases yes it is.  I use it where applicable.  But in a my
situation it doesn't usually apply.  When I say that every app has
commonly named files I mean every app has an app.controller.asp and
every app has an app.config.asp. In that case ⌥⌘↑ wont work
unless I'm switching between the because everything inside a single
app has the same extension with a different file name and I almost
never need to jump from the app.controller.asp in one app to the same
file in another.

What I've often wished I could do was tell TM that for certain
patterns, use more than just the extension for the ⌥⌘↑
shortcut.  For example it would work perfectly for me if I could tell
text mate to keep its default behavior unless the file name matched
'app.([^\.])+.asp' at which time it should use match #1 instead of
the file extension.  (Feature request?)  I don't know if that's
something I can do with a bundle command or not... I suppose I could
try it.

- Cliff