[TxMt] Open command

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Jun 5 07:45:42 UTC 2007

On 2. Jun 2007, at 17:55, Cliff Pruitt wrote:

> [...]
> What I've often wished I could do was tell TM that for certain
> patterns, use more than just the extension for the ⌥⌘↑
> shortcut.  For example it would work perfectly for me if I could
> tell text mate to keep its default behavior unless the file name
> matched 'app.([^\.])+.asp' at which time it should use match #1
> instead of the file extension.  (Feature request?)  I don't know if
> that's something I can do with a bundle command or not... I suppose
> I could try it.

You could always overload the key sequence in a bundle (limited to
text.html.asp probably) and then replicate TM’s logic (when the file
does not match your desired pattern).

I am not dismissive of opening up the functionality for customizing,
but would need a few examples of what people want, and how they’d
prefer to specify it -- looking e.g. at the Rails file switching
command, there is a lot of logic which does make it better to just
replace the functionality (rather than have TM support
“configuration” of the command).