[TxMt] Textmate on large monitors?

Brian Marick marick at exampler.com
Tue Jul 3 23:37:31 UTC 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Constantinos Neophytou ♎ wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you're using
> separate windows and not project tabs for each file you're in? I
> work on multiple files all the time (I've been known to have up to
> 10-15 files open and currently being worked on), but everything's
> made straight forward with textmate's project window as I have a
> single window with a file/folder list on the side, and each file
> open in tabs.. so when i cmd-tab, i end up back to the file i was
> on with all the files i'm working on visible in the tabs..

Can you see two or more source files at the same time? That's what I
want. Here's a picture:
<http://www.testing.com/blog/images/textmate.png>

I can see both the test file (sheet-tests.rb) and the source I'm
working on to make the test pass (stereotypes.rb).

I don't care if they're in separate windows. In fact, I'd prefer them
not to be. I'd rather split the screen (as in Emacs or IDEA).

-----
Brian Marick, independent consultant
www.exampler.com, www.exampler.com/blog