[TxMt] latex svn: TEXINPUTS not respected

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Feb 4 00:41:30 UTC 2007

Hi Andrew
On Feb 2, 2007, at 4:16 AM, Andrew Jaffe wrote:

> Dear Haris (or whomever else!),
>
> The problem is that this doesn't actually *add* to the TEXINPUTS;
> it overwrites it.

Yes thanks for noticing that, it was an oversight that went unnoticed
for so long since I don't actually use TEXINPUTS.

> It should probably be something like
> export TEXINPUTS=":${TEXINPUTS}:$TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/tex//"

Actually it should probably be:

export TEXINPUTS="$(kpsewhich -progname "$TEX" --expand-var
'$TEXINPUTS'):$TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT/tex//"

since unless I've mistaken TEXINPUTS is not necessarily set in the
shell, but only when the various tex programs are run. Or perhaps I'm
mistaken, anyway I've maid the above change just now, let me know if
it works out.

> but with some better shell-substitution to take care of possible
> previous values or lack thereof for TEXINPUTS.
>
> Yours,
>
> Andrew

Haris