[TxMt] Select non-continuous text?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Aug 24 15:59:35 UTC 2007

On Aug 11, 2007, at 7:18 PM, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:

>> [...] What I'd like to be able to do is select a random bit of
>> text here and another there, no matter where they are in the
>> document, and then be able to use cmd-c to copy it and paste it to
>> another section [...]
> Cannot be done in TM1.x.
> I think it might be a planned feature for a future version, but
> maybe not even TM2.
> Anyone remember any specifics? (or have the will to google it?)

I have no real plans of this. I think my last comments on the topic
was something like this not being very useful because of how it would
not be easy accessible via keyboard only and it would introduce *a
lot* of complexity in basically every single thing that potentially
works with the selection, in many cases having to define how a
transformation should work in the case of discontinuous selections
(which isn’t always intuitive) -- so hardly worth it.

As I believe was already said in this thread, just copy away and
paste with shift down to go back through the history. That gives you
the same functionality, but as the OP requested.