[TxMt] Textmate Blogging and Typepad

Stephen Walli stephen.walli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:41:56 UTC 2007

Morning:  I just downloaded the trial version of ecto2 (http://
infinite-sushi.com/software/ecto/download/).
It configured and self-selected the Typepad API, connected and pulled
the last 20 entries plus categories.
I reconfigured it to use the metaweblog API, and told it to download
entries.  It pulled down the same 20 entries without categories.

Weblog id when I log onto typepad.com is blog_id=105091.

I tried Textmate's blogging bundle with a blog set up with each of
the following addresses:
# Blog Name      URL
Once More Unto the Breach          http://stephenrwalli@typepad.com/t/
api#blog_id=105091
Once More Unto the Breach          http://stephenrwalli@typepad.com/t/
api?blog_id=105091

In each case I was prompted for a password.
In each case I received HTTP-Error (302) Found No posts are available.
I did notice an additional difference.
In the first (#) case, when prompting for a password, Textmate says:
"Enter the password to login at http://stephenrwalli@typepad.com/"
In the second (?) case, Textmate says:
"Enter the password to login at http://stephenrwalli@typepad.com/t/api?"

On a reach, I tried:
Once More Unto the Breach          http://105091@typepad.com/t/api

It prompts for a passwd for http://105091@typepad.com/t/api, and
returns http-error 302.
So I tried one last one:  I gave the same username a bogus passwd and
I STILL get the http-error 302, so it's not validating.  Or it's
getting a bogus error return.

I looked up http-error: 302 Found.  According to http://www.w3.org/
Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html:
****
10.3.3 302 Found

The requested resource resides temporarily under a different URI.
Since the redirection might be altered on occasion, the client SHOULD
continue to use the Request-URI for future requests. This response is
only cacheable if indicated by a Cache-Control or Expires header field.

The temporary URI SHOULD be given by the Location field in the
response. Unless the request method was HEAD, the entity of the
response SHOULD contain a short hypertext note with a hyperlink to
the new URI(s).

If the 302 status code is received in response to a request other
than GET or HEAD, the user agent MUST NOT automatically redirect the
request unless it can be confirmed by the user, since this might
change the conditions under which the request was issued.

       Note: RFC 1945 and RFC 2068 specify that the client is not
allowed
       to change the method on the redirected request.  However, most
       existing user agent implementations treat 302 as if it were a 303
       response, performing a GET on the Location field-value regardless
       of the original request method. The status codes 303 and 307 have
       been added for servers that wish to make unambiguously clear
which
       kind of reaction is expected of the client.
****

One last thing: I tried ecto2 with a bogus passwd on my username.  It
fails with "Invalid Login".

More ideas?
(And thanks for taking an interest.)
stephe

On 21-Aug-07, at 1:58 AM, Takaaki Kato wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Stephen Walli wrote:
>
>> Hi All:  I'm a new Textmate user.  (I love it.)  Was trying to use
>> the blogging bundle with a Typepad blog.  I'm having difficulties
>> trying to get it through the first test fetch of recent posts.
>
> Have you get it working with other clients like MarsEdit and ecto?
>
> Also do you have a blog ID, something like blog_id=12345 ?
>
> Takaaki

Stephen R. Walli
mailto:  stephen.walli at gmail.com
mobile:  +1 425 785 6102
skype:   stephen.walli
IM:      stephenrwalli at AIM | YIM | Hotmail OR stephen.walli at gmail
blog:    http://stephesblog.blogs.com  (Once More unto the Breach)
podcast: http://stephenrwalli.libsyn.com (Once More unto the Breach
podcasts)
flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenrwalli