Distributed model for bundles (was: [TxMt] Bundle and language help)

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Mon Aug 6 21:47:18 UTC 2007

It's obvious that we all agree that there should be a simple
transparent system for Discovering, Updating and Editing bundles.
It doesn't necessarily have to be built into TextMate.app itself in
order for it to feel transparent and simple.

The other side of the coin is the Bundle Developer side. The system
should make it seamless for hardcore bundle developers to develop
bundles locally and then share those bundles with the world.
The system should also allow and encourage novice and beginner users
to make bundles for themselves and share them with the world. And also
allow anyone to do bug fixes on any bundle and share that fix.

And all of that should be possible without having to get approval from
anyone.

Obviously the "official" bundles that are distributed with TextMate
should still be verified by someone, but we need to take all the
burden of verifying the quality and compatibility of the bundles off
of Allan.

The technical side of how to actually go about doing that doesn't
matter nearly as much.

	thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — bundleForge