[TxMt] JavaScript Tools bundle bug

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Mon Apr 23 16:29:19 UTC 2007

On Apr 23, 2007, at 11:31 AM, Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2007, at 10:59 AM, Constantinos Neophytou ♎ wrote:
>> if the last line of the javascript file is a comment with no new
>> line at the end of it,  then the command "Minimize current file"
>> produces this output:
>> /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/JavaScript
>> Tools.tmbundle/Support/bin/jsmin.rb:73:in `<=': comparison of
>> Fixnum with String failed (ArgumentError)
>> 	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/JavaScript
>> Tools.tmbundle/Support/bin/jsmin.rb:73:in `mynext'
>> 	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/JavaScript
>> Tools.tmbundle/Support/bin/jsmin.rb:122:in `action'
>> 	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/JavaScript
>> Tools.tmbundle/Support/bin/jsmin.rb:168:in `jsmin'
>> 	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/JavaScript
>> Tools.tmbundle/Support/bin/jsmin.rb:197
>> The problem lying in the mynext method of jsmin.rb, where the while
>> (true) loop checking for the end of the comment doesn't check for
>> EOF. should be a simple fix.
> eep!
> I'll fix that up right swift.
> Thanks for the heads up!

You were too right, it was really easy to fix.
I also went ahead and updated jsmin.rb to the latest version from

Everyone: update your Javascript Tools bundle.

Here's a closed ticket

And the changeset

By the way, BundleForge is now secretly open.

To combat spam, nobody is allowed to do anything without first
creating an account and logging in.

	thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors