[TxMt] Re: All purpose CSS Image Drag Command

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Sat Oct 28 22:52:07 UTC 2006

I'm as big a fan of overcomplication as anybody, but I think that
this might be getting away from my original intention with the
command.  It's really just supposed to figure out into what context
you've dropped an image and give it the appropriate "decoration".
It's not supposed to do all your coding for you ;-).  The problem is
that the techniques are being revised and improved every couple of
months and you can never account for all of the IE hacks required for
some techniques.  The amount of inserted code gets out of hand and
everybody has different preferences that you'd waste a lot of time
accounting for.  Best, in my opinion, to let people create their own
code and just provide tools to speed up the repetitive tasks.

My suggestion would be to create snippets for the different IFR
techniques and tab stop the entire background, width and height
section so that you can delete it if you have intentions of dragging
an image in.  Then have the drag command set up so that when dropped
into the property value scope it inserts background url, width and
height properties.  Then you could just type ifr[tab] or mezzo[tab]
etc. and get the technique you want, and have the image ready to drop
in.  Thoughts?

Brett